The 2021 Annual Meeting of the Central Bank Research Association will take place virtually on 7-9 July 2021, at the MIT Golub Center for Finance and Policy (GCFP) Massachusetts, U.S. The meeting is co-organized with the Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
The meeting will commence on Wednesday, 7 July 2021, 9 am (EST) with a high-level policy discussion, featuring a fireside talk with Ben Bernanke (former Chairman of the Federal Reserve). Further high-level panels will take place on 7th and 8th with confirmed participation by James Bullard (President, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), Olli Rehn (Governor, Bank of Finland) and Eric Rosengen (President, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston).
On Thursday and Friday, 8-9 July 2021, the main conference will take place. It will feature 35 contributed sessions on a wide variety of policy-relevant topics. Further sessions might be added depending on the range of submissions.
Submissions for the CEBRA’s 2021 Annual Meeting are being sought on the below list of themes:
- Banking and financial stability
- Climate change and sustainable finance
- Inflation process
- International finance and macroeconomics
- MP, frameworks, and communication
- Payments and innovation
You can find the complete list of session in the Call for papers. The submission process is organised by the Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
The Scientific Committee is chaired by Deborah Lucas (MIT), Loriana Pelizzon (Leibniz Institute SAFE), and Athanasios Orphanides (MIT).
- Authors of accepted papers will be notified by mid June. Please address any questions on the submission portal to Dr. Daniela Dimitrova.
- Each member of CEBRA can submit and present one paper only. Membership of CEBRA is free.
- Papers will be considered by multiple session committees. In case a paper is selected in two or more sessions, it will be presented in the session with higher priority for its author.
- Researchers who currently do not have a paper ready for submission are highly encouraged to volunteer as discussant (also via the submission portal).
There is no registration fee for active participants (committee members, presenters and discussants). Furthermore, staff members of institutions sponsoring a session can register for free. For all other participants, the registration fee is USD 70. Further information on registration will be announced after the program is finalized.