The Research Center SAFE “Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe” at Goethe University Frankfurt’s House of Finance is seeking to fill the position of a
SAFE is a cooperation of the Center for Financial Studies and Goethe University funded by the Hessian excellence initiative LOEWE. It promotes research and independent policy advice on all aspects of modern financial markets. A wide range of experts from different fields, including finance, macroeconomics, microeconomics of organizations, financial mathematics, marketing and law collaborate and bundle their strengths in SAFE.
We are looking for
a research assistant for the SAFE Project “Financial interactions in the presence of ambiguity“ which is part of the Team Project “Social Finance/Finance and the Consumer”. The person would be involved mainly in experimental (but also theoretical and empirical) research on investor behavior and financial markets in the presence of ambiguity.
- Master level degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent
- Excellent performance in your field of study
- Enrollment in a PhD program
- You have successfully passed the first stages of the PhD program and are ready for output-oriented research
- Experience or interest in laboratory experiments
- Very good skills in econometrics and experience in empirical research
- Advanced programming skills (e.g. in Stata and R) and willingness to learn new software
- Fluency in English
The infrastructure of a modern research center with excellent contacts to the scientific and financial community. You will be working in a very attractive working environment in the House of Finance at Goethe University and an enthusiastic team of colleagues. Compensation will be 50% of a full time position in accordance with the standards of the public services wage agreement of the State of Hesse (TV-H E 13). The employment contract will end 31 December 2018 due to third party funding.
Your application: Please submit your application, together with the usual credentials (CV, letter of motivation, transcripts etc.), electronically to email@example.com by adding APPLICATION Research Assistant PROJECT 21650L in the subject line of your email.
The deadline for the submission is 8 August 2017.
Should you have any questions please contact Dr. Christian Wilde via email firstname.lastname@example.org.