A team of researchers from the Research Center SAFE at Goethe University Frankfurt has been chosen to provide the European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) with independent expertise in the field of banking supervision. Participating researchers are Martin Götz, Rainer Haselmann, Jan Pieter Krahnen, Loriana Pelizzon, Tobias Tröger and Mark Wahrenburg. They will support the Banking Union Working Group, a subgroup of the ECON committee, with written and oral expertise, especially for the regular, bi-annual hearings in the framework of the Single Supervisory Mechanism. The European Parliament had announced an open call for tender for the provision of external expertise in the fields of banking supervision and resolution in April 2015.
Further information about the participating researchers (all: House of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt):
- Martin Götz holds the SAFE Chair of Regulation and Stability of Financial Institutions
- Rainer Haselmann holds the SAFE Chair of Finance, Accounting and Taxation and is Program Director of the research area “Financial Institutions” in SAFE
- Jan Pieter Krahnen holds the Chair of Corporate Finance and is Director of the LOEWE Center SAFE and the Center for Financial Studies
- Loriana Pelizzon holds the SAFE Chair of Law and Finance and is Program Director of the Systemic Risk Lab at SAFE
- Tobias Tröger holds the SAFE Chair Private Law, Trade and Business Law, Jurisprudence
- Mark Wahrenburg holds the Chair of Banking and Finance